May 04, 2009

La Belgique, C'est Chique

As promised, today I present you with another prominent figure in the world of fashion and style, who also happens to be Belgian.
Last time I talked about Dries Van Noten, today it's all about Raf Simons.
Raf Simons is one of Belgium's many fine designers, and has garnered a lot of praise and international attention over the last few years. Many know him as the creative director of Jil Sander or for his own line Raf Simons.
Simons started his education as an industrial designer, but I'm most delighted he strayed from that path. His career in fashion design has taken him to many places and he has worked with companies from backpack manufacturer Eastpak to most recently a collaboration with Fred Perry.
Whether you choose his Raf Simons, Raf by Raf Simons or Jil Sander collection, you can rest assured you'll be looking stylish, simple and sophisticated.

I put together my favourite looks from his Jil Sander and his eponymous line for Spring/Summer '09. Enjoy!
Jil Sander

Raf Simons

1 comment:

MM said...

I love your blog!
One of the best mens fashion blogs.

www.fashion-intervention.blogspot.com