July 13, 2012

BEAUTY AND THE BEACH

Just a little post in between holiday job shifts! Cruel folk, those weather gods. If it's not pouring with rain, it's drizzling over here. Looking cute in monsoon season has proven to be more challenging than anticipated, so I needed to up the ante on the 'beauty' front. 'Beauty' is the monstrous word used to describe all matters cosmetic in the blogging world, for those who didn't know. Two little tubes have recently brought a little light to my summer days, with their unyieldingly zesty scent and flavour. When I offer my L'Occitane 'gloss fraĆ®cheur verveine sorbet' to unsuspecting friends, they cry out: "Omigad that lipgloss is well fetch, lemon yum yum". I subsequently treat them to a scowl and snatch the tube out of their hands, screeching that 'it's not really a lipgloss cuz I'm a man and that's not lemon, you cow, that's verbena!'. The same story goes for my cooling hand cream gel. So addictive, for realz.



On another note: I've been taunting myself by laying out my beach bag and looking at tumblr gifs of hipsters in the sand. I really need a holiday! These floral H&M swimming trunks I got on sale, the bag is by Veritas and customised by me and the magazine is the hilarious 10Men.


















Where are you guys going to escape from the toils of first world life?

No comments: