October 19, 2009

Hot for Scott

Retail therapy should be an official therapy. My darling godmother (if you're reading: hi!) got me some sweet sneakers this weekend and the feeling of getting new shoes is better than the Zolofts and Prozacs of this world. Obviously I understand the risk of 'Confessions of a Shopaholic'-scenarios, but still. I've had a not-so-latent obsession with sneakers lately so when I saw these babies in the store today, I died (ask my friend, I totally did). I'm talking about the Jeremy Scott for Adidas winged sneakers ($225). Scott is known for his over-the-top, colourful and crazy designs but these shoes reign supreme. You can get them in black (the ones I love most) but also in other colours like silver, gold, white etc. You can take off the wing and the little 'Jeremy' charm, but what would be the point in that?
I once dressed up as the Greek god Hermes for a party (photographic evidence shall not ensue and I don't know why I just told you this) and I've always lusted after his winged sandals. These kicks are as close as you can get without embarassing everyone around you.
These shoes are seriously fly (I'm the master of cheesy puns, rest assured).

No comments: